Attention all faculty, staff, and students: the University has transitioned to an in-house application system for Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviews. The application system, which can be accessed from any computer, is found on SamWeb. The instructions for accessing the system are as follows: SamWeb -> Miscellaneous -> Forms -> IRB Application.
CONTINUING REVIEW FORM [FILLABLE PDF] - to be completed ONLY AFTER your initial IRB has been approved and you require an extension for continued data collection and analysis. See IRB FAQ page for required documentation.
AMENDMENT APPLICATION [FILLABLE PDF FORM] - to be completed if there are Significant Changes to your IRB protocol and ONLY AFTER your initial IRB application has been approved.
FINAL REPORT [FILLABLE PDF FORM] - to be completed ONLY AFTER your research and subsequent data analysis have been completed.
Once you have completed the form (Continuing Review, amendment, Final Report), save the file to your desktop or on your flashdrive. At this point, open a new email window and attach the completed form . Next, attach any applicable supporting documentation for the IRB to review. The following is a list of the common files that can potentially be required for review:
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) certificate
- Form for Involving Prisoners in Research
- Consent Form
- Assent Form
- Cover Letter
- Parental Consent Letter
- Support Letters (i.e., other schools aside from SHSU, prison, agency, business) - MUST be on institutional letterhead with original signature from the institution's head administrative official
- Phone Interview
- Posted Notices
- Mass Mailing
- Media advertising
- Internet postings
- Psy PerP system (what participants will see)
- Telephone text (including introductory remarks)
If you have questions about other forms of supporting documentation or general questions regarding the IRB process, please email Sharla Miles.