When preparing your budget, please use the following Budget Worksheet as a guide:
The budget justification narrative is an important part of the grant application and can be a critical component in the overall competitiveness of a proposal.
The budget justification narrative:
- Allows the applicant to fully explain by category the requested raw budget numbers and their proportional importance to the project.
- Guides the program officers and reviewers to an understanding of the overall scope of the budget request and its relationship to the proposed scope of work over the performance period.
- Provides an excellent compliment to the proposal text.
- Gives the PI an additional opportunity to provide a more detailed explanation about the operation and management of the proposed project. This also allows the PI to explain how the various funding categories and allocations will meld to support the overall research objectives.
- May not be required for all proposals; however, ORSP requires a completed budget justification narrative, which will be used for documenting the need for all budgeted items.
The following is an overview of the proposal budget process:
Please contact Dee Myall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (936) 294-4032 for assistance in preparing your budget.