FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Why was my transcript request denied.
A: Possible reasons for transcript request denial include:
- Payment - Registrar's Office (936) 294-1035
The fee for each transcript is $5.00 and must be included with request.
- Signature - Registrar's Office (936) 294-1035
Student signatures are required for the release of an official transcript, when requested by mail or by proxy.
- No Record - Registrar's Office (936) 294-1038
There is no record of completion of any courses at Sam Houston State University.
- Financially Indebted - Bursar's Office (936) 294-1083
Transcripts will not be released for students who are financially indebted to the University.
- Exit Counseling Hold - Financial Aid (936) 294- 1774
- Defaulted Loan Hold - Financial Aid (936) 294- 1774
Q: Through which methods may I request a transcript?
A: Transcripts may be requested online, in person, by mail, or by proxy. The Registrar's Office does not currently accept official transcript requests by phone, fax, or e-mail.