Unofficial transcripts are available through My Sam
- $5.00 per transcript (Cash or Check Only).
- Picture ID required
- Office hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Check SHSU web site for University holiday closures
- Transcripts are available upon request - no waiting period
If requesting a transcript by proxy, you may use the transcript by proxy request form.
Or, to authorize someone other than yourself to pick up your transcript, please provide the following:
- A written authorization statement to include your name and SAM identification number, along with the name of person you are allowing to pick up your transcript.
- Your signature on the authorized statement will be required.
- A photo I.D. will be required of the person picking up your transcript.
If requesting a transcript by mail, you may write a letter or use the transcript request form. Please include the following with your transcript request form:
- Name, date of birth, Student I.D. number or Social Security number
- Your current address
- Address where transcript is to be mailed
- Your signature
- Check or money order for $5.00 per transcript made out to SHSU
- Mail request to: Registrar's Office, Box 2029, Huntsville, TX 77341-2029
You must have an active student username and password to request your official transcript online.
To request your official transcript:
- Go to your My SAM
- Campus Resources, Office of the Registrar, Official transcripts
- Go to the SamWeb Transcript Request Page
- Log into SamWeb with your user name and password
- Select "Student Records"
- Choose "Transcript, Official" in the drop down list
- Follow the directions provided within the web request from.
- Payment will be required at the time of the request via debit or credit card.
- If you just wish to view your transcript, click on Transcript, Unofficial.
If you do not have an active student username or password, you may request an official transcript in person, by mail, or by proxy
If you don’t know your SamID or need assistance in resetting your PIN, please contact the IT@Sam Service Desk by calling 936-294-1950.
Due to the high volume of transcript requests, please expect 5-7 days before your transcript request is completed. Students are eligible to receive up to 5 free transcripts during the terms they are enrolled. Requests for free transcripts must be made prior to the last class date of the enrolled term. Free transcripts do not roll forward into future terms. (NOTE: Students only enrolled in correspondence course work are not eligible to receive the free transcripts.)
After you graduate from SHSU, you are eligible for 10 free transcripts which are available up to one year after your graduation date. These free transcripts do not roll over after that year and regular prices then apply.
Transcripts may be requested in person, by mail, by proxy or online. Each request requires the student's signature for release. Transcript requests received by mail may take up to 5-7 days to be processed and sent from the Registrar's Office. Transcripts may not be faxed.
Reasons for denial of transcript request:
- Payment: Registrar’s Office (936) 294-1035
The fee for each transcript is $5.00 and must be included with request.
- Signature: Registrar’s Office (936) 294-1035
Student signatures are required for the release of an official transcript, when requested by mail or by proxy.
- No Record:Registrar’s Office (936) 294-1038
There is no record of completion of any courses at Sam Houston State University.
- Financially Indebted: Bursar’s Office (936) 294-1083
Transcripts will not be released for students who are financially indebted to the University.
- Exit Counseling Hold: Financial Aid (936) 294- 1774
- Defaulted Loan Hold: Financial Aid (936) 294- 1774