Printable Steps for Verification PDF
- Log in to MY SAM/ or follow this link: https://samweb.shsu.edu/regr04wp/
- On the Campus Resources tab
- In the Banner Self-Service Channel, click the Banner Self-Service folder
- Click the Student Folder
- Click the Student Records folder
- Click "Request Enrollment Verification"
- From here you will be directed to the National Student Clearinghouse website
- Choose "Current enrollment" or "All enrollment"
- Click "Obtain an enrollment certificate"
- Print the form
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in 12 hours to be considered full-time.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in nine hours to be considered full-time.
- Six hours is considered half-time for both undergraduate and graduate students.
Course Load for Graduate Assistants
Graduate students employed by the University at least half-time as graduate assistants, research assistants, or teaching assistants should enroll in a minimum of six graduate credit hours per term to be considered full-time graduate students. The maximum course load for graduate assistants on half-time employment is nine credit hours per fall or spring term or six credit hours during the summer. Graduate assistants on less than a half-time assistantship may have the maximum course load authorization increased proportionately by the appropriate department/school chair.
For more information on the employment of graduate assistants refer to Academic Policy Statement 890303