Click the myplate icon for more nutritional information.
15 Tips to Living a Healthy, Active Lifestyle
- Walk, ride your bike, or skate to class.
- Eat a piece of fruit every day.
- Eat breakfast every day.
- Choose fresh fruit and 100% fruit juices over concentrates and soft drinks.
- Choose healthier snacks like veggies, fat-free crackers, and popcorn.
- Try not to snack mindlessly, only eat when you're hungry.
- Visit the Rec Center (RSC) and try a new activity!
- Pack your own lunch and pre-portion your meals and snacks for the day.
- Choose healthy fast food options.
- Keep your metabolism going, don't skip meals. (Try to eat 6 small meals a day.)
- Set a regular schedule to eat meals all or most days of the week.
- Limit alcohol consumption. (It's empty calories.)
- Measure portion sizes especially at the dining halls.
- Stay hydrated and
- Drink at least eight 8oz. glasses of water daily.