Employee Scholarship Apps Due May 1 For Summer Sessions
April 5, 2012
SHSU Media Contact: Julia May
Applications for the “President’s Employee Scholarship Program” for Summer 1 and Summer 2 are due on May 1. Forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Department, Box 2356, College of Humanities & Social Sciences Building (CHSS), Suite 410, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax 936-294-3611.
The “President’s Employee Scholarship” form has been revised. Please complete this new, revised form dated 11/02/2011 when making application to the scholarship program.
This scholarship is for full-time (1.0 FTE) benefits eligible staff and faculty, through the rank of Professor, who desire to take one class or one class and a lab at SHSU (4 semester credit hours maximum). The following selection criteria have been established:
1. Applicants must have a minimum of one year full-time (1.0 FTE) continuous employment at SHSU by the first class day, and at the time application is made, have earned at least 3 semester hours at SHSU with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
2. Undergraduate students with a 2.5 GPA or greater will be given 1st priority.
3. Graduate students with a 3.5 GPA or greater will be given 2nd priority.
4. Employee’s GPA, length of employment, and student classification level are primary consideration factors.
5. The President’s Employee Scholarship award is for tuition and designated tuition.
Contact: Sandra Blair
- END -
Please send comments, corrections, news tips to Today@Sam.edu.