Why you should join LAE
The benefits of joining LAE are easily classified into two categories. The benefits to you the student, and to you the future professional. As a student at Sam Houston State you have an opportunity to take classes at one of the best Criminal Justice schools in the nation. LAE can assist you by providing you with members who have experience in the same classes you will be taking. From book exchanges to which teachers to take our organization is full of members with several years at Sam. As students class is important but socialization is just as crucial to making the most out of your college experience. LAE goes to football games, hosts cookouts and even does things like intramural sports. We are all students with common goals and interests and these allow a close family type atmosphere even outside of official meetings. LAE is a close group of students even though we are one of the largest student organizations at Sam Houston State.
For 99% of all students in the College of Criminal Justice the end goal for attending school is to get a job in the professional workplace. LAE gives members great exposure to all different professionals in the field of criminal justice. From Judicial, Correctional or Law Enforcement careers LAE offers opportunity to explore a broad range of jobs to give our students an idea of what best fits their passions and personalities. Some students already know what they want to do after college and LAE helps by finding professionals and recruiters in out students specific careers to allow them a "leg up" on other students who are not a part of our organization. I look forward to seeing your in our organization.
We have also listed the objectives and aims and purposes of our organization. If you find yourself with a desire to see these ideas and goals pursued then our organization will be a great place for you.
The Aims and Purposes of LAE
- To promote a greater fraternal relationship among graduates of technical and professional police schools.
- To promote higher standards of educational attainment among peace officers.
- To promote the institution of courses of police science by recognized colleges and universities.
- To promote research projects in the field of police science.
- To promote a better understanding by the public of the aims and ideals of peace officer organizations.
- To promote the selection of properly trained personnel for law enforcement positions.
- To promote standard modern methods in the field of law enforcement.
- To promote unity of action among law enforcement agencies.
The Goals of Lambda Alpha Epsilon
- To improve criminal justice through educational activities.
- To foster professionalism in law enforcement personnel and agencies.
- To promote professional, academic, and public awareness of criminal justice issues.
- To encourage the establishment and expansion of higher education and professional training in criminal justice.
- To provide a unified voice for professionals in, and students of, criminal justice.
- To promote high standards of ethical conduct, professional training, and higher education within the criminal justice field.