Please attach the following to your application before submitting it to our office:
- Proof of Disability (if applicable)
- Proof of Income: You may submit a copy of your most recent income tax return (1040) to verify taxable income. If your income tax return is not available, you may submit a copy of your Student Aid Report if you completed the FAFSA instead (however, we would prefer to receive your income tax return since the SAR doesn't list your taxable income, only adjusted gross income, and our low-income levels are based on taxable income).
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR) is basically a copy of your submitted FAFSA. It takes a few days to process your FAFSA after you have submitted it. After your FAFSA has been processed, you can view and print a copy of your SAR. See below for printing instructions.
- Go to the FAFSA website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Click on the big, green "Login" button on their website.
- Sign in with your information.
- Choose the appropriate year. We need the FAFSA for whichever year you are applying to join Project CONNECT. For example, if you want to join Project CONNECT for 2014-2015, we need your FAFSA from 2014-2015.
- Enter your personal information and PIN and click "Submit".
- On this page you will see one or more transactions. Choose the most recent transaction number by clicking on it.
- You will see a menu on the left-hand side of the page. Click "Print Summary" at the bottom of this list.
- You will be given two options. Click on the first or second option "SAR (HTML Version)" or "SAR (PDF Version)".
- Note: The Student Aid Report is many pages (it varies from student to student, but it is usually around 5 pages). If your printout is only one page and lists your EFC (expected family contribution), you have printed out the wrong page.
- Print the report and attach it to your application.
You can return the application to us in one of several ways,
- Bring it by Kelly Stuckey's office in the Teacher Education Center, room 309 (SHSU campus)
- Fax it to 936.294.3802
- Mail it to:
ATTN: Kelly Stuckey
Box 2119 SHSU
Huntsville, TX 77341-2119
You will be notified if you are accepted into the program.
If you have any questions, please call Kelly Stuckey at 926.294.1678.