Calling All Alumni!
TRIO Alumni are an important part of our ongoing work to increase diversity in higher education. Alumni act as important role models for freshmen college students, provide internship opportunities and serve as mentors, counselors and presenters for the TRIO programs.
Project CONNECT/SSS would like to get in touch with you to identify your interest, abilities and capacities to continue supporting SSS TRIO at Sam Houston State University.
If you are a recent or long time alumni, we want to hear from you.
Recent suggestions for alumni organization include:
- Develop an alumni newsletter and website
- Help advocate to representatives the importance of TRIO in Education
- Have more internships for students
- Have more scholarships for students
- Have separate non-grant funds to support student incentives, textbook lending library and student awards
With your help, we can do this and so much more! Please let us know where you are now and how you can contribute to the growth of the program. Even a simple letter of support makes a difference.
Please help us to keep these federally funded programs alive and well! Show your support today! We need graduates to show the next generation how to give back and keep programs like these supporting future students.
- Fill out our Alumni Profile (coming soon!)
- E-mail Kelly Stuckey, director, with your questions and suggestions
- “Like” our Project CONNECT Alumni Facebook page