What is Bearkat Impact?
Bearkat Impact is a student board of service-minded individuals who provide community service opportunities for all SHSU students. Examples of service projects include assisting local area schools, service for military troops, and working with local nonprofit organizations.
Bearkat Impact’s mission is to provide community service opportunities for SHSU students in support of Sam Houston State University’s motto, “The measure of a Life is its Service.” Through education and direct service, Bearkat Impact strives to foster civically responsible students who promote social change within communities.
- Connect students with Huntsville and the surrounding communities for the purpose of service.
- Coordinate service projects for students to become actively involved.
- Prepare students to assume leadership and service roles on-campus and in the community.
- Educate students on becoming advocates for service and social change.
The Bearkat Impact board will consist of 6 highly motivated and responsible individuals who will rotate through the following roles, in pairs, for service projects throughout the year:
- Project Leaders: Plans and facilitates project, contacts site and gathers supplies needed
- Marketing Liaisons: Creates flyers and distributes promotional materials around campus
- Administrative Coordinators: Creates registration forms, keep records from returned forms and contacts students about project details
APPLY for the Board!
CLICK HERE for an application. Applicatinos are due by 5pm on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 to CLS in LSC 324.
To apply to be a member of the Bearkat Impact, you must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.25. In addition, you must maintain at least a 2.25 cumulative GPA each semester you are part of Bearkat Impact. You must also remain in good standing with the University and may not be on any form of probation.