Summer Band Materials
Proper Marching Band Attire:
- Loose fitting tee shirt or tank top
- Shorts-athletic shorts preferred. Jeans are not allowed.
- Lace-up athletic shoes with ankle support. There can be unexpected holes in the field-wear sturdy shoes!
- SUNSCREEN! You will burn if you don't wear it.
- The music building can get cold. You may want to bring a light jacket for indoor rehearsals.
- Hats are allowed on the field, but not in full band indoor rehearsals
- Make sure you instrument is in good working order
- Bring all maintenance supplies including, but not limited to, valve oil, cork grease, drum sticks, cleaning tools, slide lubricant and extra reeds for saxes and clarinets.
Music and Drill:
- Bring your music and drill sheets to EVERY rehearsal.
- Music will be kept in a flip folder provided to you by the BMB.
- ALL member will need to provide a folder for drill. This should be a 1" 3-ring binder with 40 clear sheet protectors. Bring it to every rehearsal
Everything You Need to Know
1. 2012 Summer Band begins August 19th
2. Early Dorm Move-in will take place August 19 from 2:00-4:00 PM
3. Each member must bring a 1-inch, 3-ring binder with 40 plastic page protectors.
4. Rehearsal Times, once classes begin:
- Monday, 6:30 - 9:00 at Bowers Stadium
- Tuesday/Thursday, 4:00 - 6:00 PM at Pritchett Field
- Dress rehearsal at Bowers Stadium on Saturday morning before games and exhibitions
2012-2013 Band Banquet
The BMB Banquet will be on Friday, January 25 2013.
Want to join - Need more info ...
Joining the BMB will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your college years, and signing up is easy. Visit our Prospective Members page and click ‘So how do I sign up?’ It’s as easy as that. Visit our Membership Information page for specific questions. If you still need more information, complete our Online Request Form