• Detecting Phishing Emails the Natural Language Way. R. Verma, N. Shashidhar, and N
Hossain. 17th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS 2012),
Institute of Informatics and Telematics of National Research Council (CNR), Pisa, Italy,
September 10th -12th 2012. (Acceptance Rate: 19%)
• Two-pronged phish snagging. R. Verma, N. Shashidhar, and N Hossain. 7th
International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2012), University
of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic, August 20th - 24th, 2012. (Acceptance Rate:
• Key-Efficient Steganography. A. Kiayias, A. Russell and N. Shashidhar. 14th Information
Hiding Conference, May 15-18, 2012, Berkeley, California.
• Efficient Steganography with provable Security Guarantees. A. Kiayias, Y. Raekow, A.
Russell and N. Shashidhar. [Accepted for publication, Journal of Cryptology], Preprint on
arXiv:0909.3658v1 [cs.CR], March 2012.
• Scalable Secure MJPEG Video Streaming. Lei Chen, Narasimha Shashidhar, and
Qingzhong Liu. 8th International Symposium on Frontiers of Information Systems and
Network Applications (FINA-2012), in conjunction with the 26th IEEE International
Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2012), Fukuoka,
Japan, March 26-30, 2012. (Acceptance rate: 29.4%)
• A Phishing Model and Its applications to Evaluating Phishing Attacks. N. Shashidhar and
L. Chen. 2011 International Cyber Resilience Conference, August 1-2, 2011, Perth,
Western Australia. (Acceptance rate: 34%)
My research interests are primarily in the areas of Cryptography, Information Hiding and Steganography,
Combinatorial Optimization, Distributed Computing, Peer-to-Peer Networks, Sensor Networks and