Students on a Quest for Unity and Diversity
Students on a Quest for Unity and Diversity (S.Q.U.A.D) is a group of five outstanding student leaders who dedicate their time to educate others about diversity and multiculturalism. These student leaders educate fellow classmates, faculty, staff, and Huntsville residents through interactive presentations. S.Q.U.A.D. has presented at local, regional, and national conferences, including:
- UniDiversity Conference - Texas A&M
- Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference
- Texas A&M
- Brotherhood and Sisterhood Conference - SHSU
- Multicultural Training - Stephen F. Austin
- Facilitating workshops for classes, conferences, student organizations, and the Huntsville community.
- Representing the Office of M.I.S.S. at events on the SHSU campus and in the Huntsville community.
- Must be able to attend weekly meetings.
- Must be able to attend Spring Training.
- Be an active participant in discussions regarding multicultural programs, issues and concerns.
- Must have above a 2.5 G.PA.
S.Q.U.A.D. Interview Information
- Please return your application to the Office of M.I.S.S.
- Selected applicants will be contacted to participate in an interview.
- Candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Interpersonal and Public Communication Abilities
- Knowledge of Multiculturalism and Diversity
- Willingness to Learn