Apply to the SHSU McNair Program:
If you meet the eligibility requirements below, the application can be accessed at the bottom of the page. We are currently accepting applications on a monthly basis. This does not ensure that you will be accepted, however someone will review your application and let you know.
For acceptance into the program, you must either:
Qualify as a first-generation college student (neither parent has attained a bachelor's degree) and meet low income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education;
Be a member of an ethnic group that is underrepresented in graduate education. The U.S. Department of Education currently defines "underrepresented groups" specifically as Native American/Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic, or African-American.
You must also:
- Have U. S. citizenship or permanent U. S. residency.
- Have junior standing at SHSU by September 1st , 2008.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at SHSU.
Your application packet must include:
- A copy of your income tax return
- A copy of your unofficial student transcript
- A letter of recommendation from an SHSU faculty member
- A one-page personal statement describing your educational and professional goals
- The SHSU McNair Program application
McNair Application 09 (Word Format)
McNair Application 09 (PDF Format)
To give comments about this page please e-mail: email@example.com