The Department of Library Science is charged with applying the University's mission specifically to the field of Library and Information Science. The goals of the Department of Library Science are to:
- prepare competent professionals for school librarianship;
- encourage and support scholarly research and publications;
- promote and participate in faculty growth and development;
- offer educational services to schools, libraries, and the community;
- plan, implement, and evaluate the academic curriculum, teaching effectiveness, physical resources, program policies, and the learning environment.