Internship Coordinator: Dr. Holly Weimar.
The application and other important information may be found in the Handbook. Editable versions of the documents are located below for download.
- Internship Handbook - Download as PDF (Updated March 2013)
- Supervising Librarians ppt 2013- Download as PDF
Deadline Due Dates for Application to Internship are as follows:
- Fall Semester: June 1st
- Spring Semester: November 1st
- Summer Semester: April 1st
Refer to the Internship Handbook for the application process and for help should you experience problems as you complete your paperwork. Also, you may contact the Internship Coordinator for additional guidance.
Editable versions of important internship paperwork:
- Application for Library Internship
- Application for Supervising Librarian
- Template for Information Literacy Collaborative Lesson (Updated October 20, 2012)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When do I enroll for LSSL 5366 – Library Internship?
- You must complete the prerequisites for internship the semester prior to beginning your internship course. The prerequisites are 5330, 5332, 5334, 5337, 5360, 5370, and 5385.
- If I’m already working as a school librarian, do I have to enroll in LSSL 5366 – Library Internship?
- If you are working on towards your master's and have been a librarian for one year in a school, you may choose to waive the LSSL 5366 requirement, but you must take a 3-hour elective in its place. In other words, you choose between a modified internship based in your library or choosing an elective.
- If you already have a master's degree and are working for certification, you may choose to waive the LSSL 5366 requirement. Contact Rebecca Lewis at email@example.com for more information on how to proceed.
- What should I do first to begin my internship?
- Read the Internship Handbook.
- Complete ALL of the paperwork required for the application.
- Submit the application to Dr. Weimar as required.
- Approval will be made when application is complete and prerequisites have been met.