Come to Sam Houston State University where you will make memories and friends to last a lifetime! In addition, if you are transferring from a community college in the US, you may qualify for a Bearkat Transfer Scholarship. This could qualify you for in-state tuition!
General Requirements for International Graduate and Undergraduate Student Applications
- Completed application for admission and a non-refundable application fee - $75 for undergraduate effective Summer 2011; $75 for graduate effective Summer 2011.
- Original course-by-course evaluation of foreign educational credentials. This requirement may not apply to all graduate applications.
- Proof of financial support.
- Official transcripts.
- Applicable admittance exams (see the appropriate online catalogue for more details).
- Meningitis vaccinations.
- International student applications should be completed and received no later than 90 days before the beginning of the initial semester of enrollment.
- Students applying from outside the U.S. must submit a TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based or 79 iBt or 6.5 IELTS. If a student's first language is English, a TOEFL score may not be required; however an ACT or SAT score will be required for undergraduate students. An individual college within the University may establish a higher TOEFL score for admission to a particular program.
International Welcome Messages