Host Family Requirements
In order to ensure our students are staying in a safe, secure environment with their new families, we ask that all families adhere to the following requirements:
- Provide a private bedroom with a bed, a dresser or closet, and a study area (a common area is acceptable).
- Provide 3 meals a day, unless
previously arranged with the
student or program they are
participating in. Sack lunches are
typical for the mid-day meal.
- Provide transportation to and from
SHSU at pre-determined times,
unless you live within walking
distance to the campus.
- Pass a background check.
- Have a home visit by an OIP staff
- Complete the Host Family
Application as detailed as possible
so a good match can be made, and
include a recent family photo.
- Attend the New Host Family Orientation (to be held prior to the program or semester you are hosting for).