Scholarships are awarded in the spring. The application process runs from October to early/mid February. Most of our scholarships require the students to be a junior or senior.
For scholarship information/online application, follow the links below:
- Betty Alexander Scholarship – Kinesiology major with at least two years of academic preparation at SHSU having earned a minimum of 3.0 in the major.
- H.O. “Molly” Crawford Scholarship – Male, junior standing in Kinesiology seeking teacher certification with at least a 2.5 GPA and demonstrating financial need.
- Joe and Mary Kirk Scholarship – Male, senior standing in Kinesiology seeking teacher certification with at least a 2.8 GPA.
- Margaret Powell Award – Female majoring in Kinesiology displaying excellence in academics.
- Robert J. Wagner Memorial Scholarship – Graduate student in Adult Fitness Management with 3.0 GPA, 1000 GRE and 3.5 graduate GPA reflecting a lifestyle of physical fitness and demonstrating financial need.
- Department of Health & Kinesiology Scholarship – Health or Kinesiology major demonstrating financial need with a satisfactory GPA.
- Robert L. Case Health & Kinesiology Wellness Scholarship – Health or Kinesiology major displaying leadership potential with at least a 3.0 GPA and reflecting a high level of fitness.
- Roy G. Moss, Jr., Health Education Scholarship - Major in Health or Kinesiology who demonstrates financial need, has an exemplory GPA, displays leadership potential and is actively involved in community health issues.
- Women's Physical Education Scholarship - Kinesiology major of good character, junior standing.