Admission into the Kinesiology Master’s Program requires that a student must:
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores, and when applied to the following formula, 250 (undergraduate grade point average) + GRE scores, attain a minimum of 1500 for regular admission.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on all previous college studies, or a 2.8 in the advanced hours of coursework on the baccalaureate degree.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree with a Kinesiology major or minor, and have completed coursework equivalent to KIN 321, 322, 362, 373, and 469. See the undergraduate catalog for a description of these classes.
- Complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score at least 550, if that individual is from a non-English speaking count
- Submit two letters of recommendation that address the candidate's qualifications
- Provide a letter of intent that describes the interest in the program and professional aspirations
Students with incomplete admission files (i.e. have not taken the GRE) may be conditionally admitted for one semester, and are allowed to complete a maximum of 6 graduate hours.
* Select from KIN 110T, 113, 115, 211, 213 and 214