1. Dr. Brent
Estes received the "Best Paper Award" at the 2010 International Business &
Economics Research (IBER) Conference in Las Vegas in
October 2010. His paper was titled: The Poorest Millionaire on the Block:
Creative Accounting Practices Among Professional Sports Team
2. Dr. Brent Estes presented research titled: Are Guaranteed Contracts Good Business for the NFL?: Examining Theories of Motivation & Behavior - at the Allied Academies International Conference in Las Vegas in October 2010.
3. Dr. Brent Estes had a paper accepted for publication in the Business Studies Journal titled: Determinants of value and productivity in a complex labor market: How sabermetrics and statistical innovation changed the business of professional baseball.
4. BearKats LIVESTRONG Day, Sept 30th", was hosted by the department of Health and Kinesiology with the help of Dr. Jennifer Didier and her student volunteers. We educated close to 250 students on how "LIVESTRONG," the Lance Armstrong Foundation, can help them and their loved ones if someone is diagnosed with cancer.
Happenings - Health and Kinesiology November 1, 2010 :
2. Dr. Page Glave presented the following abstract at the ACSM Central States Conference in Lawrence, KS.Dwelly P, Lirgg C, Glave AP, DiBrezzo R, Gray RM. 2010. Fitness benefits for middle school students enrolled in a PE4life program.
3. Dr. Emily Roper attended the annual Association for Applied Sport Psychology Conference in Providence, Rhode Island October 27- October 30, 2010. Dr. Roper served as the moderator for the Invited Diversity Keynote.