Sixth Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Audience Member Registration open until April 15
Make sure that your presentation follows the SAMPLE ABSTRACTS
If your presentation does not follow the abstract guidelines, then you will be asked to revise it.
The URS offers three awards that will be presented during the Closing Ceremony on Saturday, April 20, 2013:
1. The Assam Scholarship for Honors Research Award
Eligibility: any honors student currently in good standing in the Honors College who is presenting at the URS is eligible. Details for Submission
2. The Honors College Award for Best Overall Oral-Panel-Media Presentation.
Eligibility: any undergraduate student presenting in a session is eligible. Details for Submission
3. The Honors College Award for Best Overall Poster
Eligibility: this award is for any undergraduate student who is presenting a poster: there are no submission requirements: posters will be judged the day of the event.
For more information, contact:
- Email URS: email@example.com
- Dr. Kimberly Bell, Associate Director of the Honors College, Phone: (936) 294-1437
- Honors Office Phone: (936) 294-1477
In 2008, the Honors Student Ambassadors began the Undergraduate Research Symposium. The goal was two fold: to share research with fellow students and to gain experience in preparation for future conferences.
Today, the primary purpose of the Undergraduate Research Symposium is to:
- Continue to provide a forum where SHSU students may present their research in a professional environment
- Gain expertise in their fields of study
- Receive feedback from other scholars and members of the academic community
The URS is supported by the faculty and staff of the Elliott T. Bowers Honors College.
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341-2479