HISTORY 386.01 THE MILITARY AND WAR IN AMERICA.
EXAMINATION STUDY SHEET
Each exam will consist of an essay section in which you
are called upon to write one essay from a field of three or more questions
based upon lectures and readings. Each examination will be worth 50 points
toward the course grade.
GENERAL TOPICS FOR THE FIRST EXAMINATION:
GENERAL TOPICS FOR THE SECOND EXAMINATION:
GENERAL TOPICS FOR THE THIRD EXAMINATION:
EVALUATION FOR EACH EXAMINATION
- 1. Pertinance. Does the essay directly address the question?
Is there a significant effort to answer the question? (10 points).
- 2. Analysis. Is the focus of the essay maintained? Are the
points or topics clearly conceived, presented and discussed? (10 points).
- 3. Content. Is the information presented to subtantiate points
and topics accurate and clear? Do the facts contribute evidence to the
arguments presented? (10 points).
- 4. Organization. Is the essay composed in a clear and logical
manner? Is there an introductory statement, a body of evidence, and a conclusion?
- 5. Mechanics. Are the fundamentals of paragraphing, sentence structure,
grammar, spelling, and punctuation followed? (10 points).
SAMPLE SCORE-SHEET FOR EACH OF THE EXAMINATIONS:
CRITERION #1---Pertinance_____out of 10 points
CRITERION #2----Analysis_____out of 10 points
CRITERION #3-----Content_____out of 10 points
CRITERION #4-Organization____out of 10 points
CRITERION #5---Mechanics____out of 10 points
| TOTAL:________out of 50------------EXAMINATION GRADE:_________|