36 Credit Hours
The Reading Specialist Certification is designed for applicants desiring to work as an all-level Reading Specialist. Students must successful complete a departmental comprehensive and/or portfolio examination before taking the Reading Specialist Exam.
The certification is also offered in combination with the MEd in Reading/Language Arts.
Cohorts begin each Fall, but admission may be granted during other semesters.
Tuition and Cost
Additional Program Information
- Graduate Studies Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Two recommendation letters with checklists
- Copy of applicant's teaching certificate
- Teacher Service Record with at least two years successful teaching experience
- Interview with writing sample
- Official GRE or MAT scores, if GPA in last 60 hours is below a 3.0