Master of Science (M.S.)
36 Credit Hours
The Military Police Master of Science option is specially designed to meet the needs of active duty service personnel who desire to obtain a widely respected SHSU graduate degree. While the program parallels the generic Leadership and Management degree requirements, special sections of certain courses are designed to meet the unique needs of military police responsibilities. For example, the course Building Democratic Justice Systems Abroad operationalizes DoD Directive 3000.05 pertaining to establishing civil authority and stability in the wake of combat action. Up to six credits is awarded for completed military leadership preparation, e.g., the Army’s Captain’s Career Course.
Tuition and Cost
As a designated preferred school for military education, SHSU direct bills DoD for tuition costs, up to the current limit of $4,500 annually. Additional financial aid is also available.
Additional Program Information
- Graduate Studies Application
- Three years employed as a criminal justice professional (probation officer, police officer, corrections counselor, etc.) is preferable.
- Official transcripts of all college-level work with a bachelor's degree in a related field-A prima facia acceptable GPA is a 3.0 for the final 60 baccalaureate credits
- Official GRE score may be requested to demonstrate graduate study readiness if the GPA is inordinately low
- Two letters of recommendation-At least one letter from the applicant's employing agency is desired
- Applicant questionnaire
- Personal essay regarding career background and goals