Master of Science (MS)
30 Credit Hours
The Master of Science in Accounting is designed to provide students with the advanced study in accounting necessary to prepare for the CPA examination. This program equips students with the knowledge and skills needed in the profession of accounting. Graduates of the MS in Accounting program are prepared for employment opportunities with industry, government, and public accounting firms.
This degree is open to students who hold a baccalaureate degree in accounting from an AACSB accredited university. Students who wish to pursue the MS in Accounting but lack an undergraduate degree in accounting are required to complete extensive prerequisite coursework before admission to the program.
The MS in Accounting can be completed in one year (12 months) by full-time students who first enroll in either the fall or summer semesters.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Face-to-Face (Daytime and Occasional Evenings - Main Campus in Huntsville, TX)
Tuition and Cost
Additional Program Information
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA from their degree granting U.S. institution of 3.5 or higher will be admitted without a GMAT score.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA from their degree granting institution of less than 3.5 will be required to take the GMAT and will be subject to the formula requirement of 1100 on [(200 X undergraduate GPA at degree granting institution) + GMAT score] or 1150 on the same formula using only upper-division courses. Applicants with formula scores below these standards but at least 950 (or 1000 using the upper-division formula) will be invited to submit additional material for review by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
- Students earning a baccalaureate degree from an institution that is not an accredited institution located in the United States must have a GMAT score of at least 450 and a i-TOEFL score of at least 79 (or an IELTS score of at least 6.5) to be admitted.
- Graduate Studies Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official GMAT scores
- Current Resume or Vita
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with an overall undergraduate GPA and an advanced accounting GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Additional Admission Conditions
NOTE: Please e-mail your resume or vita to email@example.com for processing.