SHSU Faculty Contact Information
Department of English
Assistant Professor of Language,
Literacy, and Special Populations
||What does the Sam
Houston Writing Project offer?
- A center dedicated to strengthening the teaching of writing and reading
in the schools of East Texas
- A Summer Institute for teachers in grades kindergarten through college/university
- Inservice training programs throughout the academic year
- Resource library of current books, periodicals, and curriculum materials
in the teaching of literacy
- Multicultural approaches to the teaching of literacy
- Dissemination of information regarding effective practices and research
in literacy instruction
Join us on the Sam Houston State campus during
July for a workshop in teaching writing and reading. The Institute,
open to all teachers in grades kindergarten through college/university,
will carry six graduate credits, which you may count toward your Masters
program or for professional development hours.
The Institute is sponsored by two SHSU programs: the Department of
Language, Literacy, and Special Populations and the Department of English.
The courses for the Institute are RDG 561-01 and ENG 539-05.
A stipend will be provided
each teacher invited to participate. The first step is to submit an
application Download here: (PDF)