Assignments and Activities that will be submitted to Tk20 specific to this course:
Assignment: Emerging Level 2 Dispostions and Diversity Proficiency (DDP) - See below.
This assignment requires you to create one or more electronic documents such as MS Word, Excel or other type of electronic file, upload it to Tk20, and submit the assignment for assessment. You will use the "Generic..." Artifact type in Tk20.
These four videos demonstrate how to do this.
Student Instructions for Emerging Level 2
Listed below are the eight Diversity and Dispositions Proficiencies (DDPs)
that are expected of candidates training to be teachers at the Emerging
Competency level. You should provide evidence of your progress on all eight DDPs
by submitting a lesson plan addressing as many of these eight DDPs as are
applicable to that lesson. In addition, you must submit a written reflection
containing a minimum of 200 words in which you address all eight DDPs. Your
instructor will measure your progress towards competency, based upon
observations of your performance in class, the lesson plan and your reflection.
Please review any feedback you received at the Emerging 2A level on the DDP
assessment to make sure your current
reflection addresses any concerns about your earlier performance.
- Demonstrates an attitude of reflection and thoughtfulness about professional growth and instruction.
- Demonstrates a commitment to using technology to create an authentic learning environment that promotes problem-solving and decision making for diverse learners.
- Practices ethical behavior and intellectual honesty.
- Demonstrates a commitment to literacy, inquiry, and reflection.
- Demonstrates thoughtfulness in communication and an awareness and appreciation of varying voices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of second language acquisition and a commitment to adapting instruction or programs to meet the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse learners
- Demonstrates ability to be understanding, respectful and inclusive of diverse populations
- Demonstrates a commitment to adapting instruction or programs to meet the needs of diverse learners
More information can be found here: http://www.shsu.edu/~coeugp/DispositionsandDiversityProficiencies.html
* * * *
Always check with your instructor for due dates, specific content instructions (ex: what topics need to be discussed in the attached paper) and other instructional information.
If you see your course listed when you click on the Courses tab in Tk20, but the assignment/activity "pending" flag does not appear next to it, then either the assignment has not been sent for this course section in the semester (check with your instructor) or you have already submitted it. This is a common student error and easily corrected.
You may also use the Contact link at the top to email or talk to the SHSU Tk20 Support Team for assistance.
Free software downloads for some content on this site:
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Flash (SWF and others)
- Shockwave (DCR and others)
- Powerpoint (PPT and PPS)
Last Update: June 30, 201