Students are responsible for ALL information on the Office of Field Experience Level I Field Experience Website.
Teacher candidates enrolled in CISE 3374- Human Growth & Learning- need field experience in any type of classroom setting or combination of settings within secondary classrooms (grades 8-12). Teacher candidates are required to complete and document ten (10) hours of public school field experience required for this course. Campuses are informed that while field experience in any secondary classroom, regardless of subject matter, will fulfill our requirements, some candidates will have preferences based on their specialty such as Agriculture, History, Math, Choir, etc. The campuses are not required to place students based on their specialty, but it is encouraged.
The candidates’ role in the classroom will be passive. The candidates will not interfere with the students, teacher, or others during their visit, and will not interrupt or participate in the regular operations of the classroom or school.
Forms submitted on Tk20 (to be completed within the first few weeks of class)
- Create an Educator Preparation Program Application in Tk20
- Submit Online-Orientation Verification form on Tk20
- Submit School District Preferences of Future Student Teachers form on Tk20
Substitutions for required field experiences will not be an option for CISE 3374
Students should view:
- Application to Ed Prep PowerPoint and Audio
- CISE 3374 Orientation PowerPoint
- Level I Field Experience Calendar
- CISE 3374 Documentation Log
- Online Field Experience Profile
- Tk20: Students will need to submit the aforementioned forms within the first few weeks of class.
Guidelines for CISE 3374 Field Experience:
- Call campus 2-3 days in advance to confirm field experience.
- Get directions- District Links (link) and use Mapquest.com- DO NOT ASK CAMPUS.
- Arrive at your campus early with your Field Experience name badge, driver's license and Sam ID.
Missed Field Experiences:
- Student should first contact the campus to notify of cancellation.
- Contact the graduate assistant with the Office of Field Experience to reschedule. Student must HAND-DELIVER written documentation for reason of absence (doctor’s note, car repair notice, etc.) to the Office of Field Experience (TEC 212).
- The Graduate Assistant will assist the student IN-PERSON in rescheduling their field experience.
Please access all of the tabs on the left-hand side of this page for more detailed information.
Education students should regularly access their SHSU email account and websites for information.
Email graduate assistant Darline Garrett or call/leave message at 936-294-1157 with any questions or concerns.