Students are responsible for ALL information on the Office of Field Experience Level I Field Experience Website.
Level I Field Experiences provide SHSU teacher candidates with an introduction to the public school environment from the standpoint of a future educator. Classroom management issues and techniques, professional expectations, focused observation, and thoughtful reflection, are emphasized in the field experience for CISE 3383- Planning Instruction with Technology Integration.
Forms submitted on Tk20 (to be completed within the first few weeks of class)
- Create an Educator Preparation Program Application in Tk20
- Submit Standards of Professional Conduct form on Tk20
- Submit Online-Orientation Verification form on Tk20
Substitutions for required field experiences will not be an option for CISE 3383.
Students should view:
- Application to Ed Prep PowerPoint and Audio
- CISE 3383 Orientation PowerPoint
- Level I Field Experience Calendar
- CISE 3383 Documentation Log
- Online Field Experience Profile
- Tk20: Students will need to submit the aformentioned forms within the first few weeks of class.
Missed Field Experiences:
- Student should first contact the campus to notify of cancellation and attempt to reschedule hours missed.
- Contact the graduate assistant with the Office of Field Experience to obtain a list of other available sites to observe if necessary.
- Students should provide written documentation for reason of absence (doctor’s note, car repair notice, etc.) to the Office of Field Experience (TEC 212).
Please access all of the tabs on the left-hand side of this page for more detailed information.
Education students should regularly access their SHSU email account and websites for information.
Email graduate assistant Kassie Ikard or call/leave message at 936-294-1157 with any
questions or concerns.