Students are responsible for ALL information on the Office of Field Experience Level I Field Experience Website.
Level I Field Experiences provide SHSU teacher candidates with an introduction to the public school environment from the standpoint of a future educator. Professional expectation, focused observations, and thoughtful reflections are emphasized in the field experience for CIEE 3374- Human Growth and Learning. Teacher candidates are required to complete and document ten (10) hours of public school field experience required for this course. Teacher candidates may be assigned, by the campus, to any classroom setting or combination of settings within elementary, intermediate, or middle school settings. For assignments in the intermediate and middle schools, candidate placement in core subjects is required.
The candidates’ role in the classroom will be passive. The candidates will not interfere with the students, teacher, or others during their visit, and will not interrupt or participate in the regular operations of the classroom or school.
Forms submitted on Tk20 (to be completed within the first few weeks of class )
- Create an Educator Preparation Program Application in Tk20
- Submit Online-Orientation Verification form on Tk20
- Submit School District Preferences of Future Student Teachers form on Tk20
Substitutions for required field experiences will not be an option for CIEE 3374
Students should view:
Guidelines for CIEE 3374 Field Experience:
- Call campus 2-3 days in advance to confirm field experience.
- Get directions- District Links (link) and use Mapquest.com- DO NOT ASK CAMPUS.
- Arrive at your campus early with your Field Experience name badge, driver's license and Sam ID.
Missed Field Experiences:
- Student should first contact the campus to notify of cancellation and attempt to reschedule hours missed.
- Contact the graduate assistant with the Office of Field Experience to obtain a list of other available sites to observe if necessary.
- Student should provide written documentation for reason of absence (doctor’s note, car repair notice, etc.) to the Office of Field Experience (TEC 212).
Please access all of the tabs on the left-hand side of this page for more detailed information.
Education students should regularly access their SHSU email account and websites for information.
Email graduate assistant Kassie Ikard or call/leave message at 936-294-1157 with any questions or concerns.