Students are responsible for ALL information on the Office of Field Experience Level I Field Experience Website.
Level I Field Experiences provide SHSU teacher candidates with an introduction to the public school environment from the standpoint of a future educator. Professional expectation, focused observations, and thoughtful reflections are emphasized in the field experience for CIEE 2333- Becoming a Teacher. Teacher candidates are required to complete and document ten (10) hours of public school field experience required for this course. The ten hours of field experience will be divided between individual field experience in the public schools, field experience with class and instructor, and videos. Teacher candidates may be assigned, by the campus, to any classroom setting or combination of settings within elementary, intermediate, or middle school settings. For assignments in the intermediate and middle schools, candidate placement in core subjects is required.
The candidates’ role in the classroom will be passive. The candidates will not interfere with the students, teacher, or others during their visit, and will not interrupt or participate in the regular operations of the classroom or school.
Forms submitted on Tk20 (to be completed within the first few weeks of class)
- Create an Educator Preparation Program Application in Tk20
- Submit Online-Orientation Verification form in Tk20
Substitutions for required field experiences will not be an option for CIEE 2333.
Students should view:
- Application to Ed Prep PowerPoint and Audio
- CIEE 2333 Orientation PowerPoint
- Level I Field Experience Calendar
- CIEE 2333 Documentation Log
- Online Field Experience Profile
- Tk20: Students will need to submit the aformentioned forms within the first few weeks of class
- Instructions to complete DAP Reflection on Tk20
Please access all of the tabs on the left-hand side of this page for more detailed information.
Education students should regularly access their SHSU email account and websites for information.
Email graduate assistant Kassie Ikard or call/leave message at 936-294-1157 with any questions or concerns