Applying for Student Teaching (New Procedures-Spring 2011)
Spring 2011 - Students seeking any EC-6 or 4-8 certification will pre-apply to student teaching when applying in Tk20 for the literacy methods block (8-12 and EC-12 will not pre-apply). No hard copy submission required with this pre-application.
Spring 2011 - Students seeking any certification will apply to student teaching when applying in Tk20 for the Content or Secondary methods block. No hard copy submission required with this application.
All students will submit a final confirmation application in Tk20 and SamWeb at the very beginning of your Content/Secondary Methods semester. This confirmation application will include applying in Tk20, submitting hard copies generated from SamWeb, and a checklist to the Office of Field Experience (TEC 212).
FALL 2011 STUDENT TEACHERS-As discussed on Jan. 19 and 20, we are in transition to Tk20 with our applications. Please follow the powerpoint instructions for applying carefully and be sure to enter in all the pertinent information into Tk20 and print out copies of the SamWeb document (You do NOT need to enter in placement information into the SamWeb information, but do need to print and submit 3 copies and the checklist to the Office of Field Experience by the deadline - Feb 14, 2011).
After thoroughly reading all related information on this website, for the final application confimation, you will need to 1) apply in Tk20 and 2) access the application program on SamWeb through the link at the bottom of this page.Your confirmation application is not complete until you apply in Tk20 and submit three signed and dated applications generated from SamWeb and a checklist to the Office of Field Experience. Please ensure that each application is printed on a color printer.
NOTE FOR POST-BAC OR POST-GRADUATE STUDENTS:
Post-Graduate/Post-bac students should also apply in Tk20 and secure a "Post Graduate" application form from the Office of Field Experience (TEC 212).
THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION. YOU MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING IN THE TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM AND COMPLETE ALL CONTENT AND CERTIFICATION COURSEWORK BEFORE YOU STUDENT TEACH - CAREFULLY EXAMINE YOUR DARS DEGREE PLAN TO VERIFY ANY AUDITS, TRANSFERS, AND SUBSTITUTIONS EARLY IN YOUR METHODS SEMESTER.
- FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS -Read the following instructions very carefully. You are responsible for your student teaching application being completed and submitted properly.
- UPDATE ADDRESSES -Please check and update your addresses and emergency contact information on the Registrar's page in SamWeb through Address Change ) Applicants lacking this information will be automatically directed to the Address Change program.
- DISTRICT SELECTION -Carefully research where you want to student teach before you apply. Hyperlinks to partnership school districts are located on the Office of Field Experience website. Select four different school districts you are willing and able to student teach in. We try to place you in one of your choices. If there are not at least six people requesting the same district, we may be unable to forward the requests to that school district, in which case, we will move to another district choice. For informational purposes, you should indicate your district preference from top to bottom on the pull-down menus, with the understanding that each district is considered equally and you are equally likely to be placed in any of your four choices. After applications are forwarded to the districts, they contact their campuses for placement. If a school district cannot accommodate your placement requirements, your application is then sent back to our office, and will be forwarded to another district you selected.
- THREE APPLICATIONS WITH PHOTOS ON WHITE PAPER PRINTED ON A COLOR PRINTER (THREE ) -All copies must have photos and your original signature on them.
- DEADLINE - Specific application deadline provided at orientation meeting for Methods students at the beginning of the semester. Fall student teachers will have a week at the beginning of the spring semester to complete confirmation applications in Tk20 and submit the SamWeb printout to the Office of Field Experience. Spring student teachers will have a week at the beginning of the fall semester to submit confirmation applications. You are encouraged to turn in your confirmation application to the Office of Field Experience (TEC 212) before the deadline.
- At no time is it appropriate for prospective student teachers to contact the public schools with inquiries or requests related to their placements.
- The student teaching block (8 or 9 semester hours) is considered to be a full-time load for the student teaching semester-this can be verified in Catalog.
- Completed SamWeb student teaching applications (3 copies total and the checklist) are to be submitted to the Office of Field Experience , TEC Room 212.
- If applicable, include in the text box any emergency/extenuating circumstances (i.e. specific request by a principal, child care issues) supporting a specific district/campus choice.
If you decide not to student teach after applying for student teaching, you must submit a letter requesting that your name be removed from the list of prospective student teachers to the Office of Field Experience. If for any reason student teaching is discontinued, you must resubmit your application (before the deadline) the following semester.