Level Two Field Experience
Level II field experiences provide "hands-on" opportunities for SHSU teacher candidates to connect and apply their university coursework to public school classroom environments. Level II field experiences emphasize lesson planning, and the application of aquired pedagogical knowledge and skills in public school classrooms.
- Courses for students with majors in Academic Studies (seeking Early Childhood-4 and 4-8 certifications) that may incorporate public school field experiences are:
- READ 2335, CIEE 367, ECHE 319/329, BESL 3301/478, SPED 367/317, SPED 4301, and SPED 490
- READ 3370/3371/3372 - Literacy Methods Block
- CIEE 4334/4335/4336 and READ 431- Elementary Methods Block
- Courses for students with minors in Secondary/All-Level Education (seeking Secondary or All-Level certifications) that incorporate public school field experiences are:
- CISE 394/4364 and READ 392- Secondary Methods Block