Qualifications for Literacy Block (RDG 370, RDG 380, RDG 390)
NOTE: Students under EC-6 must take BSL 475 with Literacy Block unless, ESL 314, 414, 415 have been audited.
- Regular Admission status for Educator Preparation Program (check SamWeb and view Ed Prep check list). Beginning Fall 2009, grades of “C” or better are required for all coursework in the Interdisciplinary Studies degrees. Contact Jean Hubbart at 936-294-4919 for additional information.
- Grade of "C" or above in SPD 231, EED 374, and BSL 333***.
- GPA of 2.50.
- Completion of 85 hours.
- Completion of all 100 level coursework.
- Official DARS degree plan on file.
Before applying to the Literacy Block, we recommed the following:
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor to verify that you are ready for Literacy Block.
- Review the Schedule of Classes online for RDG 370, RDG 380, and RDG 390 to determine the section that best fits your schedule.
- Do not take classes the same day as Literacy Block.
- Do not take more than 2 courses with Literacy Block.
- If you have met all the above requirements you should be approved for Literacy Block and if at all possible you will be approved for that specific section. You will receive an e-mail when you are approved, so please register for the Literacy Block classes as soon as you receive notification.
IDS 4-8 Math and 4-8 Math/Science Students.Contact Randi Clower at 936-294-1108 for approval for RDG 383 and RDG 385.
***BLS 333 is a prerequisite for BSL 475.