- Candidates must be completely admitted to the Educator Preparation Program (all GPA and "C" rules apply)
- Completion of SPED 2301 (SPD 231) with a "C" or better
- Completion of CIEE 3374 (EED 374) with a "C" or better
- Completion of core science lab
Information about the Educator Preparation Program requirements can be found at http://www.shsu.edu/~edu_edprep/admission/crit.html.
**NOTE** The first set of applications that closed on April 17th are in the process of getting reviewed as we speak. If you have met all the requirements for entrance into Literacy Block, you will receive an e-mail with your Lit Block placement after grades post on May 13th. If you have any questions before then, please contact us.
FALL 2013 LITERACY METHODS & SPED BLOCK WILL OPEN ON 07/03/2013 AT 8:00 am TO 07/10/2013 AT 5:00 pm
Fall 2013 Literacy Block (READ 3370/READ 3371/READ 3372)
- You must apply online through Tk20 (application 2a).
Fall 2013 Literacy Block for IDS-4-8 Math/Math Science (READ 3373/READ 3374)
- Interdisciplinary Studies students (4-8 Math, 4-8 Math/Science, and 4-8 English-Language Arts-Reading/Social Studies) apply online through Tk20
- (application 2b-1 or 2b-2).
Literacy Methods Block Application Instructions
- Log onto TK20.
- Click on the "Application" tab.
- On the left, under Applications, click "Create".
- From the drop-down list, choose the appropriate application indicated as follows:
2a) Application: EC-6 UNDERGRADUATE Literacy Methods Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Fall 2013
2b-1) Application: 4-8 Math or 4-8 Math/Science UNDERGRADUATE Literacy Methods Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Fall 2013
2b-2) Application: 4-8 English/Social Studies UNDERGRADUATE Literacy Methods Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct 2013
Fall 2013 SPED 4301/SPED 4302 Applications
- You must apply online thought Tk-20 (application 2c).
2c) Application: E-6 Gen + EC-12 Special Education UNDERGRADUATE Special Education Block with Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct - Fall 2013
- Complete the Application.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Log out.
If you have any questions, please contact the LLSP office at 936-294-1108.
LLSP faculty encourages you to read carefully the information in “Classroom Expectations.” This document outlines what behavior is expected in all LLSP courses.