The SHSU Superintendent Certification developed in response to the critical needs of the next generation of school leaders.
The cohort structure initiative is driven by three semesters of prescribed coursework, seminars, performance development activities, and internships.
Strengths of the initiative are:
- a cohort of peer educational leaders
- development of executive dispositions and skills
- enduring and supportive relationships through life-long careers
Instruction and learning experiences guided by successful school superintendents are:
- high quality educational research and best practices
- practical learning experiences for the
certification cohort group
EDAD 6380 Executive Leadership
EDAD 6381 Business and Financial Management
EDAD 6382 Developing Human Capital
EDAD 6383 Superintendency Internship
Each course taught online with 2 face-to-face meetings scheduled. The courses are offered online or are web-enhanced (50% online).
*Apply these post-master's courses toward a Doctorate in Educational Leadership