Dr. Mary Nichter
Office: CEC 114
Phone: (936) 294-3858
- Admission criteria for entry into counseling programs
- Transforming the role of the school counselor
- Impact of domestic violence on children's behavior
- Crisis response plans in public schools
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Theories of Supervision
- College Teaching
- Field Practicum
- School Counseling
- Nichter, M., & Nelson, J. (2006). Educating administrators. School Counselor. 44(2), 14-20.
- Nichter, M., & Edmonson, S. (2006). Counseling services for special education students. Journal of Professional Counseling: Practice,Theory, & Research. 33(2), 50-62.
- Nelson, J., & Nichter, M. (2006). Administrators: The transformers part I. Texas Study of Secondary Education. 16(1), 6-8.
- Nelson, J., & Nichter, M. (2006). Administrators: The transformers part II. Texas Study of Secondary Education. 16(1), 6-8.
- Jodry, E. O., Robles-Pina, R. A., & Nichter, M. S. (2005). Hispanic academic advancement theory: An ethnographic study of urban students participating in a high school advanced diploma program. The High School Journal. 23-31.
- Robles-Pina, R. A., Nichter, M., & Campbell-Bishop, C. (2004). Assessment of counselors' and teachers' perceptions about bullying in schools. Journal of At-Risk Behaviors. 10(1), 11-10.
- Nichter, M., & DeTrude, J. A. (2003). Giving voice to school counselors in Texas. Texas Study of Secondary Education. 12(2), 23-29.
- DeTrude J. A. and Nichter, M. S. (2003). The current climate: What does it mean for counselor educators and supervisors?
Greensboro, NC: Counseling and Student Services Clearinghouse. (ERIC Document #CG032091)
- Nichter, M. S. (2002). Families that fight. School Counselor, 40(1), 24-27.
- Nichter, M., & Hunsville ISD School Counselors. (2002). Guidance and counseling curriculum for Huntsville Independent School District.Huntsville, TX.