Dr. Richard Henriksen
Office: CEC 120
Phone: (936) 294-1209
- Multiple Heritage Identity Development
- Multiple Heritage Individuals, Couples and Families
- Counselor Ethics
- Group Counseling
- Multicultural Training
- Counselor Education Pedagogy
- CNE 564 Theories of Counseling
- CNE 585 Pre-Practicum Techniques of Counseling
- CNE 592 Cross Cultural Issues in Counseling
- CNE 674 Supervised Practice in Counseling
- CNE 686 Field practicum I
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr. (1999). Parenting with morals and values.
Commerce, TX: Blue Horizon Consultants.
Chapters in Books
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr., & Trusty, J. (2004). Understanding and assisting
Black/White biracial women in their identity development. In A.R.
Gillem, & C.A. Thompson, (Eds.), Biracial women in therapy:
Between the rock of gender and the hard place of race (pp. 65-83).
New York: Haworth Press. (Co-published)
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr., & Watts, R. E. (2003). Interracial/intercultural
marriages. In J.J. Ponzetti Jr. (Ed.), The international encyclopedia
of marriage and family relationships (2nd Ed.), pp. 937-941. New
York: Macmillan Reference.
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr., & Trusty, J. (2002). Racial/ethnic/cultural
identity development. In J. Trusty, E. J. Looby, & D. S. Sandhu
(Eds.), Multicultural counseling: Context, theory and practice, and
competence (pp. 55-104). Huntington, NY: Nova Science.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr. (2006). Multicultural counselor preparation: A transformational paradigm. Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education & Development, 45, 173-185.
- Henriksen, R.C., Jr., & Johnson, B. II (2006). Parenting group for parents of children exposed to violence. VISTAS: Compelling perspectives on Counseling 2006, 59-62.
- Henriksen, Jr., R. C., & Nikels, H. (2005). Multicultural school counseling with children in grades K-6. VISTAS: Compelling perspectives on Counseling 2005, 141-144.
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr., & Trusty, J. (2005). Ethics and values as major factors related to multicultural aspects of counselor preparation. Counseling & Values, 49, 180-192.
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr., & Trusty, J. (2004). Understanding and assisting Black/White biracial women in their identity development. Women and Therapy: A Feminist Quarterly, 27(1/2), 65-83. (Co-published)
- Henriksen, R. C., Jr., Hamann, E. E., & Holland, R. (2003). Illinois LCPC’s perceptions of counselor preparation. Illinois Counseling Association (ICA) Journal, 151, 5-12.
- Henriksen, R.C., Jr., & Watts, R.E. (1999). Cultural self exploration questionnaire. TCA Journal, 27, 65-70.
- Watts, R.E., & Henriksen, R.C., Jr. (1999). Perspectives of a white female in an interracial marriage, The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 7, 68-70.
- Watts, R.E., & Henriksen, R.C., Jr. (1998). The interracial couple questionnaire. Journal of Individual Psychology, 54(3), 368-372.
- Henriksen, R.C., Jr. (1997). Counseling mixed parentage individuals: A dilemma. TCA Journal, 25, 68-74.