Representative Forms (Practice Tests) allow test candidates to obtain a practical experience of the TExES test administration. This experience is valuable as an analysis sheet will pinpoint any weaknesses and assist you in preparing for the TExES test.
- Elementary Education Content
- IDS majors are to attend a Representative Form (practice test) session for their content area at the end of Literacy Methods Block.
- Math (4-8) test candidates need to contact Dr. William Jasper (firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-294-1575) for specific review and practice information.
- Secondary Education Content
- SED minors, or other educator combinations, are to seek advisement from their major department for information for Representative Forms or approval to take their content TExES test. This should be done in the semester prior to Methods Block.
- All IDS and SED Minors are to attend a Representative Form (practice test) session for the PPR at the end of Methods Block.
- Register at least four days prior to the Representative Form administration. The registration deadline is firm. Registration closes at 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date.
- There will be no admittance without prior registration and payment. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test.
- Saturday Representative Form (Practice Test)
Doors open for check – in at 7:30 a.m. and testing will begin after all administrative tasks are completed. The proctors will start the test at approximately 8:00 a.m. After 8:00 a.m. no examinees will be allowed into the testing room and the examinees will not receive a refund of the registration/administration fee.
- ETS PREPARATION MANUALS AND MATERIALS can be accessed on the ETS Preparation Materials webpage. Review the entire TExES Preparation Manual, complete practice items, and visit study tips for general test taking assistance.
- A limited version of Review/Representative Form (Practice Test) software for PPR and some content areas are available in the SHSU Reading Center.