Steps for Successful Teacher Certification
- Obtain confirmation for which certification tests are required for your academic program
- Attend the appropriate review sessions (if required)
- Take the Representative Form (Practice Test) if required and obtain test approval
- Create (or update) TEAL account
- Register for and pass the appropriate TExES tests
- Graduate and obtain your degree
- Apply for your Standard Teacher Certification at the Texas Education Agency (TEA) Teacher Portal
Approximately two (2) weeks after graduation your degree will be conferred and during the following four (4) weeks the certification officer will recommend you to TEA, provided you have taken and passed all required TExES tests. You will receive an email from TEA concerning your recommendation.
- Apply at: TEA Login (TEAL)
- Effective September 1, 2010, the Texas Education Agency will no longer mail printed certificates. A “printer-friendly” copy of the certificate will be accessible through the educator’s online account. This version of the certificate will be created to provide the educator with a document suitable for framing. The representation of a person’s certificate status as maintained on the agency’s website is considered to be the official record of educator certification.
- School districts may confirm the approval of your certification on the ECOS website
Contact the Certification Officer telephone: 936-294-1045