Students must continuously enroll in the appropriate developmental program until they have satisfied all TSI Requirements.
Students who fail one or more sections of a TSI Test may satisfy TSI Requirements by:
- getting a passing score on a retake of a TSI test,
- completing a developmental program in the appropriate area with a grade of "C " or better, or
- completing an approved college-level course(s) in the appropriate area with a grade of "C" or better
Students who think they meet the requirement should provide the Registrar's Office with an official score copy if the score is not on file in the system.
Students are not required to take remedial courses during the Summer I or Summer II Sessions.
Students can enroll in a college level Mathematics course if they:
- have documented TSI Exemption,
- meet required score with TSI Test ,
- completed previous college level mathematics course with grade "C" or better,
- completed MTH 032D with grade "C" or better,
- completed higher level MTH 031D with grade "C" or better in F03 or with an "S" prior to F03,
- are repeating mathematics course previously attempted, or
- are currently taking MTH 032D at SHSU with understanding that they will not be allowed to remain in course if MTH 032D is not completed with grade "C" or better.
Students can enroll in college level Reading courses if:
- Students who score below 77 (Accuplacer) 40 (Asset), 80 (Compass) or 229 or below (THEA/TASP) must take RDG031D, complete work satisfactorily and earn a grade of "C" or better.
- Students who score at least 78 (Accuplacer), 41 (Asset), 81 (Compass), or 230 (THEA/TASP) are not required to remediate.
- Students who have not satisfied TSI Reading requirements will be blocked form enrolling in Reading-intensive classes.
- Students who have passing score have satisfied their TSI requirements and are not required to remediate
- Students who have not passed the reading section and have completed RDG 031 with "C" or better will satisfy their TSI Reading requirement.
Students can enroll in college level English courses if:
- Students who have not passed the writing section and complete ENG 031 with "C" or better will satisfy their writing requirement.
- Students who have passing score have satisfied their TSI requirements and are not required to remediate.
During Advance Registration, students will be permitted to register for the next level of remedial course or college level course, but will be removed if the appropriate course is not completed with a "C" or higher.