Transfer Students interested in seeking teacher certification are encouraged to schedule an advising appointment with Fetera Henry, the transfer advisor for the College of Education, early in the semester prior to when you plan to begin coursework through SHSU. ( For example, if you are planning on attending SHSU in the Fall of 2013, you would want to be advised in early to mid-February of 2013.)
To schedule appointments to be advised on the main campus or Northwest Houston Campus at University Park please contact Educator Preparation Services, (936) 294-3384. Students seeking to be advised at the University Center will need to contact Lonestar Student Services for appointments, (936)273-7510.
- Seek advisement at your current community college or university to ensure that your plan matches the requirements at SHSU.
- When coming to be advised, please bring a copy of transcripts from all previous institutions to ensure accurate advising.
- To help eliminate problems when transferring, please make sure you:
- Have a transfer GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have met the THEA requirements.
- To avoid non-transferable courses, complete classes listed under the Academic Foundations section of the degree check sheets.
- Refer to the Interdisciplinary studies degree check sheets to select a program that fits you. You may also want to familiarize yourself with the transfer equivalency guide.
- Select a program that fits your individual needs and goals.The academic core curriculum for the Interdisciplinary studies degree programs are generally the same, but some do vary based on specified content area.