Educator Preparation Program Entry provides assistance to teacher candidates with the application process to the education preparation program and can assist with questions regarding a candidate's status in the program through the conclusion of the program.
All students seeking a teaching certificate will need to apply for the Educator Preparation Program through SamWeb and Tk20. Certain requirements must be met before a student can be considered regularly admitted to the program. Effective September 1, 2011 there is a $100.00 fee that can be paid online.
Educator Preparation Program Orientation:
Contact: Jean Hubbartt
Educator Preparation Program Application
- All students who have not yet paid for the Educator Preparation Program Administrative Fee will do so on SamWeb, and pay the $100.00 application fee (fee increase $100 effective September 1, 2011).
- All students who do not have a Tk20 account will activate their account https://Tk20.shsu.edu and pay the $100 service activation fee (plus tax and handling fees) through Tk20, also at https://Tk20.shsu.edu .
- Following the activation of the Tk20 account, students will apply to the Educator Preparation Program in Tk20.
- Activation of Tk20 account will allow new applicants to the program to complete required feedback surveys this semester, including acknowledgement of the Code of Ethics and SHSU Standards for Professional Conduct, Orientation Verification and Feedback, and School District Preferences for Future Student Teachers.
- Due to SHSU’s implementation of Banner, a comprehensive computer information system, our Educator Preparation Program Application has migrated from SamWeb to Tk20. All teacher candidates should submit Educator Preparation Program Application information into Tk20 to help facilitate a smooth transition to Tk20. Instructions are provided in the orientation presentation.