List of Known Citations of Scholarly Papers by Hiranya K Nath
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Size, Structure and Growth of the U.S. Information Economy.” (with Uday M. Apte), in U.M. Apte and U.S. Karmakar (eds): Managing in the Information Economy: Current Research Issues, Springer Science and Business Media, LLC, Norwell, MA, 2007 (earlier versions as SMU Cox School of Business Working Paper in 2000 and as BIT Working Paper at UCLA, 2004)
- Aral, S., E. Brynjolfsson, and M. V. Alstyne. “Harnessing the Digital Lens to Measure and Manage Information Work.” SSRN Working Paper (2010) (Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1709943)
- Sodhi, M. S. and C. S. Tang. “Conclusion: A Long View of Research and Practice in Operations Research and Management Science.” In Sodhi, M. S. and C. S. Tang (eds) A Long View of Research and Practice in Operations Research and Management Science, Springer (2010), pp. 275-297.
- Roels, Guillaume, U. S. Karmarkar, and S. Carr. “Contracting for Collaborative Services.” Management Science, Vol. 56, No.. 5 (2010), pp. 849-863.
- Tu, Wei and Daniel Z. Sui. “A State Transformed by Information: Texas Regional Economy in the 1990s.” Regional Studies, iFirst, 2010.
- Fischbach, Kai; Detlef Schoder; and Peter A. Gloor. "Analysis of Informal Communication Networks - A Cse Study." Business & Information Systems Engineering 2: 1 -8 (2009)
- Li, Yanfei. “The Roles of Information and Communication Technology in Firm Performance.” SSRN Working Paper 2009 (Available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=1525725)
- Li, Yanfei, Shuntian Yao, and Wai-Mun Chia. "Endogenous Firm and Information Rent under Demand Uncertainty." SSRN Working paper 2009 (Available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=1342090)
- Neirotti, Paolo, Marco Cantamessa, and Emilio Paolucci. "Do companies with a competitive advantage make better use of IT? Evidence from Italian enterprises." International Journal of technology Management 42: 158-184 (2008)
- da Cruz, Joao Manuel das Neves Moreira Cardoso. Evolucao Do Fosso Digital Em Portugal 1997 – 2007: Uma Abordagem Sociologica. Master’s Thesis submitted to the Department of Sociology, Instituto Superior De Ciencias Do Trabalho e Da Empresa, 2008.
- Kings, N.J, John Davies, David Verrill, Sinan Aral, Erik Brynjolfsson, and Marshall van Alstyne. "Social Networks, Social Computing and Knowledge Management." In Warren, Paul, John Davies and David Brown (eds): ICT Futures, Delivering Pervasive Real-time and Secure Services, Wiley, 2008.
- Apte, U.M., U.S. Karmarkar, and H.K. Nath. "Information Services in the U.S. Economy: Value, Jobs, and Management Implications." California Management Review, Spring 2008.
- Karmarkar, Uday S. "The Global Information Economy, Service Industrialization and the UCLA BIT Project." In Hefley, Bill and Wendy Murphy (eds) Service Science, Management and Engineering: Education for the 21st Century. Springer, 2008.
- Aviles, Diego and Marcos Sepulveda. "Size and Structure of the Chilean Information Economy." Cuadernos de Informacion 22: 18-33, 2008.
- Viitamo, Esa. "Productivity of Business Services - Towards A New Taxonomy." Tutkimusraportti - Research Report 188, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Spohrer, Jim and Paul P. Maglio. "The Emergence of Service Science: Toward systematic service innovations to accelerate co-creation of value." mimeo, IBM Almaden Research Center, 2007.
- Mithas, Sunil and Jonathan Whitaker. “Is the World Flat or Spiky? Information Intensity, Skills, and Global Service Disaggregation.” Information Systems Research, Vol. 18: 237-259.(2007)
- Chase, R. B. and U. M. Apte. “A history of research in service operations: What’s the big idea?” Journal of Operations Management 25 (2007), pp. 375-386.
- Apte, U.M. and U.S. Karmarkar. "Business Process Outsourcing and "Off-Shoring": The Globalization of Information-Intensive Services" In U.M. Apte and U.S. Karmakar (eds): Managing in the Information Economy: Current Research Issues, Springer Science and Business Media, LLC, Norwell, MA, 2007
- Lakos, Amos. "Evidence-Based Library Management: The Leadership Challenge." Libraries and the Academy, Vol 7, No. 4 (2007), pp. 431-450.
- Karmarkar, Uday S. and U. M. Apte. “Operations management in the information economy: Information products, processes, and chains.” Journal of Operations Management 25: 438-458 (2007)
- Karmarkar, Uday S. and Vandana Mangal. “The UCLA Business and Information Technologies (BIT) Survey __ Year 2.” In Uday S. Karmarkar and Vandana Mangal (eds) The Business and Information Technologies (BIT) Project: A Global Study of Business Practice. Singapore: World Scientific Co. Pvt. Ltd (2006)
- Hefley, Bill. "Educating an Innovative Services Science Workforce." mimeo, IT Services Qualification Center (ITSqc), Carnegie Mellon University, 2006.
- Godoy, Sergio. “Resultados WIP-Chile 2003-2004: Como esta y adonde va el uso de internet en Chile .” Cuadernos De Informacion, No. 18 (2005)
- Ambrosi, Alain, Valérie Peugeot and Daniel Pimienta. Word Matters : multicultural perspectives on information societies. C&F Editions (2005)
- Bergman, Michael K. “A Trillion is a Large Number (12 zeros).” AI3: Adaptive Information, Adaptive Innovation, Adaptive Infrastructure (Michael Bergman's Blog ) (July 27 and August 19, 2005)
- Apte, Uday M. and Goh, Chon-Huat. “Applying lean manufacturing principles to information intensive services.” International Journal of Services Technology and Management , Vol. 5, Nos. 5/6 (2004)
- Apte, Uday M. “Capacity Planning Model for Information-Intensive Services: Example of Insurance Claims Operation.” Working Paper , Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University (2003)
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Export-led Growth in Bangladesh : A Time Series Analysis.” (with Khawaja Abdullah Al Mamun) Applied Economics Letters , Vol. 12, No. 6 (2005), pp. 361-364
- Hye, Q. M. A and M. M. Siddiqui. “Export-led growth hypothesis: Multivariate rolling window analysis of Pakistan.” African Journal of Business Management, Vol. 5, No.2 (2011), pp. 531-536
- Vishal, J.C. “Inflation divergence within SADC.” Economics Bulletin, Vol. 30, No. 2 (2010), pp. 1137-1143.
- Ozturk, I. and A. Acaravci. “Testing the export-led growth hypothesis: empirical evidence from Turkey.” The Journal of Developing Areas, Vol. 44, No. 1 (2010), pp. 245-254
- Emirmahmutoglu, F. and N. Kose. “A Causality Approach Based on Meta Analysis in Non-stationary Heterogeneous Panels.” SSRN Working Paper (2010). (Available at: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1550128)
- Iqbal, Z. “Mass Layoffs and Industrial Production: An Analysis of Monthly Data in the Manufacturing Sectors.” The 49th Annual Meeting of Southwestern Finance Association (2010) (Available at: http://southwesternfinance.org/conf-2010/F6-3.pdf)
- Rahman, M. “Contributions of Exports, FDI and Expatriates’ Remittances to Real GDP of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.” Southwestern Economic Review, Vol. 36, No. 1 (2009), pp. 141-154.
- Cortes-Jimenez, I., M. Pulina, C. Riera i Prunera, and M. Artis. "Tourism and Exports as a means of Growth." Working Paper 2009/10, Research Institute of Applied Economics, Spain: Barcelona (2009).
- Cetintas, H. and S. Barisik. "Export, Import and Economic Growth: The Case of Transition Economies." Transition Studies Review, Vol.15 (2009), pp. 636-649.
- Toledo, H. and H. Baghestani. “Export-output Causality in Bolivia during the Years of Neo-Liberal Trade Policies, 1986-2003” Eleventh Annual Conference of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG) (2009) (Available at: http://etsg.org/ETSG2009/papers/toledo.pdf)
- Raihan, S. “Trade Liberalisation, Growth and Poverty in Bangladesh.” 11th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis, Helsinki (2008) (Available at: https://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/resources/download/3941.pdf)
- Mamun, K. A. and H. K. Nath. “Trade, Growth, and Wage Inequality in Bangladesh.” (with Khawaja A. Mamun) Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Vol. 16, No. 4 (2007), pp. 505-528.
- Merza, Ebrahim. “Oil exports, non-oil exports and economic growth: time series analysis of Kuwait (1970 – 2004)”. Doctoral Dissertation, Department of Economics, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas. (2007)
- Liwan, Audrey and Evan Lau. "Managing Growth: The Role of export, Inflation and Investment in three ASEAN Neighboring Countries." MPRA Working Paper, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (2007)
- Narayan, P. K., S. Narayan, B. C. Prasad. “Export-led growth hypothesis: evidence from Papua New Guinea, and Fiji.” Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 34, No. 4 (2007), pp. 341-351.
- Halicioglu, Ferda. "A Multivariate Causality Analysis of Export and Growth for Turkey." MPRA Working Paper No. 3565 (2007)
- Cortes-Jimenez, I. and M. Pulina. "A further step into the ELGH and TLGH for Spain and Italy." Working paper, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei, Italy (2006)
- Durevall, D. and F. Munshi. “Trade Liberalization and Wage Inequality: Empirical Evidence from Bangladesh .” Working paper , Goteborg University , Sweden (2006)
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. "Information Services in the US Economy: Value, Jobs, and Management Implications" (with U.M. Apte and U.S. Karmarkar) California Management Review, Vol. 50, No.3, 12-30, 2008.
- Mithas, Sunil and Henry C. Lucas. “Are Foreign IT Workers Cheaper? US Visa Policies and Compensation of Information Technology Professionals.” Management Science, Vol. 56, No. 5(2010), pp. 745-765.
- Karmarkar, U.S. “The Industrialization of Information Services.” In Maglio, Paul P.; Cheryl A. Kieliszewski; James C. Spohrer (Eds.) Handbook of Service Science, Springer (2010), 419-436.
- Apte, U.M., R. C. Cavaliere. And S.S. Kulkarni “Analysis and Improvement of Information-Intensive Services: Evidence from Insurance Claims Handling Operations.” Production and Operations Management, Vol. 19, No. 6 (November-December 2010), pp.665-678.
- Cho, Yonjoo and Gary McLean. “Leading Asian countries' HRD practices in the IT industry: a comparative study of South Korea and India.” Human Resource Development International, Volume 12, Number 3 (July 2009), pp. 313-331.
- Abeti, Luca, Paolo Ciancarini, and Rocco Moretti. “Business-oriented model-driven development of services in civil protection.” International Journal of Emergency Management, Volume 6, Number 3-4 (2009), pp. 317 – 341.
- Cheng, T., K Murawski, J. Sanders, S. Sanders, S. Vollmin, K. Walzer. “Technology Dimension: Evolutionary Guidance System; Critical Issues in Organizations.” Mimeo. Ithaca College (2009).
- Bagla, Gunjan. Doing business in 21st century India: how to profit today in tomorrow’s most exciting market. New York: Business Pluss Hachette Book Group USA (2008)
- van Gorp, Désirée M. Offshoring in the Service Sector: An empirical investigation on the offshoring behavior of service firms and its influence on their foreign entry mode choice. Doctoral Dissertation, Nyenrode Business University, Netherlands (2008).
- Boyles, Trish and Mark Lang. “ New Outcomes for a New Economy: A New Approach to Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Education.” Proceedings of the Academy of Entrepreneurship, Volume 15, Number 2, 8 -11.
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills. 21st Century Skills, Education & Competitiveness: A Resource and Policy Guide, 1- 16 (2008)
- Glushko, R.J. "Designing a service science discipline with discipline." IBM Systems Journal, Vol. 47, No. 1 (2008)
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Inflation and Relative Price Variability: Short-Run vs Long-Run.” Economics Letters , Vol. 82, No.3 (2004), pp. 363-69.
- Messina, J., C Strozzi; and J. Turunen. "Real wages over the business cycle: OECD evidence from the time and frequency domains." Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control Vol. 33 (2009), pp. 1183-1200.
- Tunay, K. B. “Inflation and Relative Price Variability Relationship in Turkey: A Long-run Analysis with VARMA Models.” Working Paper No. 0028, Department of Economics, Yildiz Technical University (2009). (Available at: http://ideas.repec.org/p/yil/wpaper/0028.html)
- Scharff, J. and S. Schreiber. "Evidence on the effects of inflation on price dispersion under indexation." IMK Working Paper 12/2008 (2008)
- Abdul Karim, Z., M. A. S. Zaidi, and M. Jusoh. “Relative price variability and inflation: empirical evidence in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak.” MPRA Working Paper (2008) (Available at: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/26970/1/MPRA_paper_26970.pdf)
- Udoh, E. J. and S. B. Akpan."Estimating Exportable Tree-Crops Relative Price Variability and Inflation Movement Under Different Policy Regimes in Nigeria." European Journal of Social Sciences, Vol.5, No. 2 (2007), pp. 17-26.
- Lastrapes, W. D. “Inflation and the Distribution of Relative Prices: The Role of Productivity and Money Supply Shocks.” Journal of Money, Credit and Banking , Vol. 38, No. 8 (2006), pp. 2159-2198.
- Saxonhouse, Gary. “Good deflation/bad deflation and Japanese economic recovery.” International Economics and Economic Policy , Vol. 2, No. 2-3 (2005), pp. 201-218.
- Bowdler, Christopher and Eilev S. Jansen. “Testing for a time-varying price-cost markup in the Euro area inflation process.” Working Paper # ANO 2004/9. Research Department: Norges Bank, Oslo , Norway (2004)
- Bowdler, Christopher and Eilev S. Jansen. “Testing for a time-varying price-cost markup in the Euro area inflation process.” UCSD Working Paper # 2004'07. Department of Economics, University of California , San Diego , California (2004)
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Relative Importance of Sectoral and Aggregate Sources of Price Changes.” Applied Economics , Vol. 36 No.16 (2004), pp. 1781-96.
- Graff, Michael. "Does a multi-sectoral design improve indicator-based forecasts of the GDP growth rate? Evidence from Switzerland." Applied Economics, Vol. 42, No. 21 (2010), pp. 2759 – 2781.
- Caraballo, M. Angeles and Carlos Usabiaga. "The relevance of supply shocks for inflation: the Spanish case." Applied Economics, Vol. 41, No. 18 (2009), pp. 753-764.
- Balderas, J. U. and H. K. Nath. “Inflation and Relative Price Variability in Mexico: The Role of Remittances.” Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 15, No.3 (2008), pp. 181-185.
- Hsu, Pi-Fem. "Sources of employment fluctuations in Taiwan’s industries and regions." Applied Economics, Vol. 40, No. 17 (2007), pp. 2279-2293.
- Poncela, Pilar and Eva Senra. “A to factor model to combine US inflation forecasts.” Applied Economics , Vol. 38, No. 18 (2006), pp. 2191-2197.
- Caraballo, M. Angeles, Carlos Dabus and Carlos Usabiaga. “Relative prices and inflation: new evidence from different inflationary contexts.” Applied Economics , Vol. 38, No. 16 (2006), pp. 1931-1944.
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Trade, Growth, and Wage Inequality in Bangladesh.” (with Khawaja A. Mamun) Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Vol. 16, No. 4, 505-528 (2007) (earlier version as SHSU working paper)
- Sattar, R. and R. E. A. Khan. “Trade Growth and Poverty: A Case of Pakistan.” The Islamia University of Bahawalpur Department of Economics Working Paper No. 2010/01. (Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1661053)
- Jesmin, R. “The Global Recession and Challenges for Developing Economies: A Case Study on Bangladesh.” Proceedings of ASBBS, Vol. 17 No.. 1 (2010)
- Lin, E. S. and H. E. Ali. “Military Spending and Inequality: Panel Granger Causality Test” Journal of Peace Research vol. 46, no. 5, 2009, pp. 671–685
- Gkagka, A. and G. Zarotiadis. “Growth and EU Trade Relations: A Case Study.” The 19th International Conference Working Papers No. 22, International Trade and Finance Association (2009)
- Rajbhandari, S. N. Inequality of Income and Wealth Distribution in Nepal. Doctoral Dissertation, Faculty of Economics, University of Lugano, Switzerland
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Relative Efficiency of Small Scale Industries in India : An Inter-State Comparison.” Unpublished manuscript (September 1997)
- Srivastav, N. “Economic behavior of small scale industries in Meghalaya: an econometric analysis.” Working Paper, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India, (2010)
- Srivastav, N. “Marketing management and entrepreneurship development in a tribal dominated economy: a case study of small scale industries in east Khasi hills district of Meghalaya.” Working Paper, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India, (2009)
- Srivastav, N. and R.A.J. Syngkon "Emergence of Small Scale Industries and Entrepreneurship in the Rural Areas of North-Eastern States of India: an Analytical Approach" The Icfai University Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, Vol. V, No.2 (2008), pp. 06-22.
- Mishra, S.K. “Globalization and Structural Changes in the Indian Industrial Sector: An Analysis of Production Functions.” MPRA Working Paper No. 1333 (2006).
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Country Risk Analysis: A Survey of the Quantitative Methods.” Economia Internazionale/International Economics, Vol. LXII, No. 1, 69-94 (February 2009)
- Kapor, P. “Procena rizika zemlje.” Poslovna Politika, Vol. 37, No. 6-7 (2008), pp. 9-15
- Iranzo, S. “Delving into Country Risk.” Banco de España Occasional Paper No. 0802 (2008)
- Coccia, M. “A New Taxonomy of Country Performance and Risk Based on Economic and Technological Indicators.” Journal of Applied Economics. Vol X, No. 1 (2007), pp. 29-42
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability in Mexico: The Role of Remittances" (with J. Ulyses Balderas), Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 15, No. 3, 181-185, 2008.
- Vargas-Silva, C. and I. Ruiz. "To Send or Not to Send: That is the Question. A Review of the Literature on Workers' Remittances." Journal of Business Strategies Vol. 26, No. 1 (2009), pp. 73-98.
- Vargas-Silva, C. "Are remittances manna from heaven: A look at the business cycle properties of remittances." The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol.19, No. 3 (2008), pp. 290 -303.
- Singh, S. R. Dynamics of macroeconomic variables in Fiji : a cointegrated VAR analysis. Masters Thesis, University of Lincoln, New Zealand (2008)
Citation of Nath, Hiranya K. “Unbiased Estimation of the Half-Life to Price Index Convergence among US Cities.” (with Jayanta Sarkar) Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Vol. 41, No. 5 (2009), pp. 1041- 1046.
- Basher, Syed A. and Josep Lluis Carrion-i-Silvestre. “Measuring persistence of U.S. city prices: new evidence from robust tests: persistence and structural breaks.” Empirical Economics, Online First, 30 July (2010)
- Nagayasu, J. “Regional Inflation (Price) Behaviors: Heterogeneity and Convergence” MPRA Working Paper (2010) (Available at http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/25430/)
- Chmelarova, V. and H. K. Nath. “Relative Price Convergence Among US Cities: Does the Numeraire City Matter?” Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 32, No. 1 (2010), 405-414.
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and Growth: Evidence from Transition Economies.” Comparative Economic Studies, 51, 20-50 (2009) (earlier versions as SHSU working paper, 2005)
- Azam, M. “Economic Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Armenia, Kyrgyz Republic andTurkmenistan: Theory and Evidence.” Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics , Vol. 3, No.6 (2010), pp. 27-40.
- Ozturk, Ilhan. "Foreign Direct Investment-Growth Nexus: A Review of the Recent Literature." International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Vol. 4-2.
- Mansouri, Brahim . “The Interactive Impact of FDI and Trade Openness on economic Growth: Evidence from Morocco.” Paperpresented at the 12th Economic Research Forum Conference, Cairo , Egypt . (2005)
Citation of Nath, Hiranya K. “The Rise of an Enclave Economy.” In Alokesh Barua (ed): India’s Northeast: Development Issues in a Historical Perspective, New Delhi: Manohar – Centre De Sciences Humaines (2005), pp.121- 140 .
- Nath, H. K. and S. K. Nath.“Illegal Migration into Assam: Magnitude, Causes, and Economic Consequences.” SSRN Working Paper (2010) (Available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1750383)
- Moepeng, P. T. and C. Tisdell. “Botswana’s development: Its economic structure and rural poverty.” Working Paper No. 49 (2008) The University of Queensland, Australia. (Available at: http://espace.library.uq.edu.au/eserv/UQ:194715/wp49.pdf)
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Sectoral Price Changes and Output Growth: Supply and Demand in General Equilibrium.” (with Nathan S. Balke) (2003)
- Davis, George K. and Bryce E. Kanago. “ The Cyclical Behavior of Prices and Relative Prices” Economic Inquiry, Vol. 46, No. 4(2008), pp. 576-586.
- Balke, Nathan S. and Mark A. Wynne. “The relative price effects of monetary shocks.” Journal of Macroeconomics Vol. 29, No. 1 (2007), pp. 19-36.
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. "Diminishing Marginal Impatience: Its Promises for Asset Pricing" (with Jayanta Sarkar), Applied Financial Economics Letters, Vol.2, No.1, 2006
- Sarkar, Jayanta. "Growth dynamics in a model of endogenous time preference." International Review of Economics and Finance 16: 528-542 (2007)
Citations of Nath, Hiranya K. “Nominal Price Rigidities in a Multisector Model.” (with Nathan S. Balke) (October 2003)
- Bouakez, Hafedh, Emanuela Cardia and Francisco J. Ruge-Muria. “The Transmission of Monetary Policy in a Multi-Sector Economy.” CIREQ Working Paper 20-2005, Universite de Montreal, Montreal , Canada (2005)