Register Today for the SHSU Online Teaching & Learning Conference
Please join us for the second annual Teaching and Learning Conference on August 13, 2012 in the beautiful James and Nancy Gaertner Performing Arts Center. Expand your skills and advance your online expertise while discovering industry best practices for online course development. Choose from the following sessions:
- Case Study: Do Lecture Videos Enhance Online Education?
- Continuing Education Online – The Rest of the Story
- Contradictory Student Evaluations of CHSS Instructors: Traditional versus Online Classroom Settings
- Creating Classroom Communities Online
- Create Your Own Digital Textbook with iBooks Author
- Designing Effective Online Discussion Prompts
- Facilitating Best Fit in Online Programs: Panel Discussion
- Grade a Better Paper: Embed a Librarian in your Online Course
- Improve Student Learning with an Electronic Course Pack
- Learning Unplugged: iPads in Higher Education
- Macro Attack
- Making Your Online Class Improve Your Course Assessment Process
- Managing Writing-enhanced Courses without Killing Yourself or Your TA
- Project-Based Learning
Meet Katie Halbert, Summer Graduate and SHSU Online Student
SHSU Online undergraduate student Katie Halbert opens up about her non-traditional collegiate experience and the reasons why she chose online education as her way of learning.
Blackboard Upgrade Promises New Functionality and Ease of Use
In Fall 2012, SHSU’s Blackboard Learning Management system is getting an upgrade. We will be moving from version 8 to version 9.1. This upgrade will include changes to the look and feel of the system, tons of new features, and a change in where Blackboard is hosted. >> Read more
Please Join Us in Welcoming New Staff
Online enrollments are growing and with them, our staff! Please join us in welcoming the newest members of our SHSU Online Team:
- Elisa Crossland
- Evelyn Hasouris-Turner
- Chris O'Brine
- Joelle Olmstead
- Mike Perez
- Stacy Scott
- Rebecca Turner
- Jay Wilson
Meet the Instructional Design Team
Over the last several months, we have added several instructional designers to the team and dedicated them to supporting specific colleges. We hope you'll take a few minutes to meet the instructional design team!
New Faculty Workshops - Online
It is summer, but there are still a “whole lot of classes going on” thanks to your friends in SHSU Online. From now through the fall, we will offer helpful how-to sessions over a variety of topics. Work with tools that range from the New Blackboard, Pearson/eCollege, Tegrity and iPad apps for educators.
Our Offices Have Moved!
The SHSU Online offices have moved!
We are now located in 1003 17th Street in the old Residence Life Building (down the hill from the Smith-Kirkley building).
In addition, the Correspondence Course Division has moved to 1922 Avenue J. in Academic Building III, Room 116.