Skip to content
Sam Houston State University - A Member of The Texas State University System
Check Cashing Policy
- Students, faculty, and staff may cash personal checks at the Bursar's Office.
- Individuals should be prepared to present a valid Texas Driver's license and Sam Houston State University identification before cashing a personal check.
- There is a fifty dollar limit per day, with a maximum of one hundred dollars per week.
- The following information should be written on the check: current address, current phone number, Sam identification number, and driver's license number.
- Personal checks may be cashed once past due balances have been resolved.
- All returned items will be handled by Erin Ice in the Bursars Office. She may be reached at (936) 294-1087.
- Three returned itmes at Sam Houston State University will result in the loss of check writing privileges for at least one long semester.
- The only two-party checks cashed by the University will be from a student's parent, grandparent, or legal guardian.