Skip to content
Sam Houston State University - A Member of The Texas State University System
Returned Payment Policy
- The University accepts payment by personal check, which includes E-Check (ACH) payments online,and reserves the right to withdraw that privilege at any time to anyone.
- The person receiving the benefit from the returned check or ACH is responsible for repayment if the check or ACH is returned to the University unpaid.
- A twenty-five dollar returned check charge and the amount of the check will be posted to the account of the person responsible forthe check or ACH.
- Students, who fail to clear their account of returned checks or ACH payments within ten days, MAY BE resigned from school and will have to pay a fifty dollar reinstatement fee, the returned check,and returned check charge.
- Stop payments are considered returned checks and are subject to all penalties.
- Any questions concerning this matter may be addressedto Erin Ice in the Bursar's Office at (936) 294-1087.