How to Apply Spring 2011 Aid
The following information applies to students who have already been awarded financial aid or scholarships. If you need information on how to be considered for financial aid, visit http://www.shsu.edu/~sfa_www/
- Verify your fee statement has a protected due date of January 14, 2011.
If it has not been protected then payment is due by 5 PM, December 3, 2010.
- Spring aid will begin to apply on January 12, 2011.
- Verify your aid has applied to your account before the payment due date.
If you have been awarded aid for spring, your fee statement should indicate a payment due date of January 14, 2011.
- If you have questions about aid disbursement, it is suggested that you call the Bursar's Office or report to room 103 of Estill classroom building on January 12th or 13th according to the alphabetic schedule found below.
- If you have been awarded aid but it is not available to apply before the due date, you must complete one of the following options by 5 PM on January 14, 2011 in order to preserve your class schedule . Your two options are:
- pay out of pocket or
- apply for an emergency loan. If you are approved for an emergency loan, you must sign your promissory note by 4pm on January 14, 2011 and the loan will keep your schedule from being deleted. If your emergency loan is denied or you do not sign the promissory note, payment for your balance is still due by 5 PM on January 14, 2011. Failure to sign the emergency loan or make payment will result in deletion of your class schedule.
Residual Refund Checks
To have financial aid refunds processed before the twelfth class day, students need to notify the Univeristy through the Financial Aid Refund Preference link located in SamWeb. Financial Aid refunds are processed after the twelfth class day unless the student notifies the University that they would like to have their refund processed sooner.
All refunds except Parent Loan refunds are handled through Higher One, the administrator of the BearKat OneCard. Do not travel from out of town to pick up a refund check. If you are a new student and have not received an ID card, call 936-294-1083 to speak with the Bursar's Office. If you have received an ID, be sure that you have activated it and have chosen a refund preference. Please direct any questions regarding financial aid refunds to the Bursar's Office at 936-294-1083 or toll-free 1-866-BEARKAT (232-7528).
If you have not received your Bearkat OneCard contact the BearKat OneCard office at (936) 294-2273 or stop by their office in Estill Classroom Building on the second floor.